Sunday, January 22, 2012

Every few months...

Well, every few months I get an itch to get back to my blog, each time feeling excited and eager to chronical my life and reconnect with my friends who I hardly ever get to see or talk to. I first started this blog when I was finishing my student teaching and we were preparing for Richard to enter this world. Now, it's two years later, Richard is a minime of his father and our lives have been blessed with the most beautiful, daring, quick to smile little girl you've ever seen.

Lots is going on right now in the lives of the Rod's, but it never slows down. Jonas is in the middle of basketball season, Richard is turning two this week, Eleanor is growing and changing weekly, and I'm in the middle of another great school year at Sylvan Park. We feel blessed beyond words and are savoring each day with our precious children and our loving family.

Our big milestone this week is Richard's 2nd birthday! I cannot believe our sweet, little, spikey haired, kind hearted son is already two years old. He is still the nicest little boy I know. He hugs and kisses his sister every night, he runs to her room and climbs in her crib in the mornings, he says thank you when you wipe his nose, he doesn't take toys from his friends, just finds a new one to play with...I love my little man! I cannot wait to celebrate him and relive all of the amazing memories from that night/day...

My water broke while eating the most fabulous desert made by my mother in-law, well actually one bite into it. Jonas told me to sit down and finish eating, yum honey, I can't eat like this. It was the most hysterical moment, we were crying laughing. We moved quickly home, but while we were in a hurry, we smiled and talked the entire way. We packed our bags, took a quick shower, and headed to the hospital. They took us to a room I triage, confirmed that my water had broken, and started to hook me up to the monitors. This nice man walked in to give me my epidural. He gave me this entire speech, which did make me feel very comfortable, but then revealed he was an intern. GET AWAY FROM MY BACK! Well, that's what I told myself I would say...but I didn't, and he missed the spot, and they had to re do it, and it was terrible. But then, I was resting without any pain in sight. I rested through the night, but I couldn't sleep. I talked to my best friend all night...I was way to excited to sleep. Finally, at about 6:45, everyone started getting ready for Richard's arrival. It was a grueling hour, and it was the hardest I have ever worked. Pushing felt like I was running that last sprint at the end of an incredibly difficult practice, the one where you think you might die, but you know you really won't. I had the most amazing support system around me and together, with Jonas by my side, brought Richard into this world. I will never forget the tears rolling down Jonas' face as he looked into my eyes and told me he loved him and was so proud of me. Watching him hold our newborn baby was the most amazing sight I've ever

(I wrote this before his birthday)

No comments:

Post a Comment